• Buzzard (Buteo buteo); 1 calling Asham Meads.
• Whitethroat (Sylvia communis); 1 calling Asham Meads.
• Chiffchaffs (Phylloscopus collybita); in full song in all wooded areas.
• Willow warblers (Phylloscopus trochilus); in full song in all wooded areas. In fact, they seemed more frequent than the Chiffchaffs.
• Linnet (Carduelis cannabina); 1 Asham Meads.
• Yellow wagtail (Motacilla flava); 1 seen along track between Wood and Meads.
• Long-tailed tit (Aegithalos caudatus); 1 obviously feeding young Asham Meads.
• A pair of Curlew (Numenius arquata) feeding in the Upper Marsh field at Asham Meads.
• Numbers of Swifts (Apus apus) hawking over the RSPB land east of the Meads. My first of the year.
• Swallow (Hirundo rustica); 1 over Asham Meads.
• My second orchid of the year! Many flowering spikes of Green-Winged Orchid (Orchis morio) scattered over the fields of Asham Meads.
• Orange-tip (Anthocharis cardamines); 4 at Asham Meads.
• Small White (Pieris rapae); 1 at Asham Meads.
• Brown hare (Lepus europaeus); 2 Asham Meads
• Muntjac (Muntiacus reevesi); 1 southern edge of Whitecross Green Wood.